PayPal Website Payments Pro is a convenient low-cost way to get started accepting credit cards on your e-Store. Unlike most payment gateways and merchant accounts, there are no setup fees.
There are four steps to activating Website Payments Pro for your e-Store.
1. Sign up for a PayPal Business Account
2. Sign up for Website Payments Pro
3. Activate your PayPal account to work with the e-Store
4. Enter your PayPal credentials into your e-Store control panel
Here are the details on how to setup Website Payments Pro:
Step 1: Sign up for a PayPal Business Account
1. Click here to go to the PayPal signup
Step 2: Sign up for WebSite Payments Pro
2. Choose the Sign Up Today! link at the bottom of the page
3. Select the Business Account option and complete the sign up process
1. Login to your PayPal account at PayPal.com
Step 3: Activate your PayPal Account to work with your e-Store
2. Select the Merchant Services tab
3. Choose the Website Payments Pro option
4. Select the Submit Application link and follow through the signup process
1. Log in to your PayPal Business account
2. Under the My Account tab choose the Profile option
3. Select API Access from the Account Information section
4. Select Request API Credentials
5. Make sure API Signature is selected
6. Read and accept the license agreement
7. Push the Submit button
The next screen will give you all the information you need to enter your PayPal credentials into your e-Store. Some of the information is quite long, so it's best to copy and paste the information from this screen into your e-Store control panel.
Step 4: Enter Your PayPal Credentials into your e-Store.
1. Log into your e-Store control panel
2. Press the Settings tab
3. Select the Payments category on the left
4. Press the Select CC Processor button
5. Select PayPal Website Payments Pro, then press the Edit button to the right of it
6. Enter the information given to you by PayPal in the API Username, API Password and Signature fields. Leave the remaining fields with their default information. Nothing needs to be changed there.
7. Press the Save Changes button
You are done! Just to make sure everything works add an item to your e-store and assign it a small value. Log out of your control panel, go to your store and purchase the item. After checkout, you should be able to log in to your PayPal account and see the funds transferred.